Rabu, 6 Oktober 2010

Meet my partner..

Some years ago, when I study art and graphic design, the only device that available to produce digital artwork is (you guessed it) keyboard and mouse. I (and other students) were struggling to use the keyboard shortcuts and drawing curves using the pen tools. Fortunately, the CTRL+Z shortcut give us freedom to explore using trial and error.

After several years struggling with keyboard and mouse, I thought there must be a better way to draw without using keyboard and mouse. Then I found out about drawing tablet.

Why using drawing tablet? Because mouse is never fit to do digital drawing. Yes, you can trace perfect line using pen tools. But try to draw your own signature using mouse. You may feel awkward. It just doesn’t feel right. It’s not natural.

WacomBambooPen

(Promotion starts here) Introducing, my (new) partner in drawing and digital painting: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch. As the name suggests, it support pen input as well as touch input. Despite that, I’m using pen as my primary input device (I use mouse when playing games).

The device has quite small surface and 4 big buttons on the side. I have a small working area and this device doesn’t cramp up my workspace. It’s sits perfectly on my workspace. The surface area is unique as some my quote ‘pencil on paper feel’. Yup, it’s true. It DOES feel like drawing using pencil on paper. Unlike Intuos or Graphire series that feel slippery like drawing on ice.

Unfortunately, the pen nib will eventually wears out. If you’re using the pen long enough, you will notice the nib will become shorter. Not to mention the surface will full of ‘scars’. Luckily, you can wipe the surface area with clean cloth. Wacom also include extra nib which really a life saver.

Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch is really responsive and very comfortable to use. If you’re doing digital painting and can’t afford to buy expensive drawing tablet, Wacom Bamboo is a good choice. Price ranges from RM280 –RM400. I highly recommend it. (End of promotion)

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

Takkan baca je? Komen sikit..

Link